Wednesday 21 October 2015

"Adele Confirms New Album ‘25’ in Open Letter to Fans...."


Adele’s album is named for her age at the time she wrote it, she said in an online message to fans, adding that “turning 25 was a turning point for me.”
Credit
 Christopher Polk/Getty Images
In a musing on aging posted to social media, Adele has announced that her long-awaited new album will be titled “25,” following the tradition of her first two releases, “19” and “21.”
Named for the age she was while writing it, “25” will reportedly be released on Nov. 20 via Columbia in the United States. The album comes close to five years after “21,” which sold some 30 million copies worldwide and won seven Grammys.
“My last record was a break-up record and if I had to label this one I would call it a make-up record,” Adele, 27, wrote on Wednesday. “I’m making up with myself. Making up for lost time. Making up for everything I ever did and never did.”
The singer added: “Turning 25 was a turning point for me, slap bang in the middle of my twenties. Teetering on the edge of being an old adolescent and a fully-fledged adult, I made the decision to go into becoming who I’m going to be forever without a removal van full of my old junk.”
The music was first teased on Sunday, in a commercial during “X Factor UK” that provided a preview but few details. “Hello, it’s me,” she sang in the clip. “I was wondering if after all these years you’d like to meet/To go over everything/They say that time’s supposed to heal you/But I ain’t done much healing.”
In her open letter, Adele concluded, “25 is about getting to know who I’ve become without realizing.”
“And I’m sorry it took so long, but you know, life happened,” she wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment